Reviews & info on some beers, bars & pubs in Japan (mainly Tokyo/Yokohama area) - with an extra large serving of nonsensical jibbbbah jabbah thrown in:

Wednesday 27 May 2009

A mini Oktoberfest in my home - minus the tight leather pants and ass slapping

Well, I don't know about the ass slapping.
The night is young, after all...

Here's a drunken video I took of some ass slapping at Yokohama Oktoberfest 2006:

Apologies for the commentary.

I was tempted to go out to the Hibiya Oktoberfest again, for the 4th time in 5 days, but I resisted the urge.
Perhaps I should have gone, as the weather now forecasts rain for the remainder of the Oktoberfest, until Sunday. 
Scheisse!
Never mind. As consolation, had a mini Oktoberfest in my home. Courtesy of some fine German Bamberg smoked beer and some fine German sausage!


The beer was the Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen:A very good exmaple of a meaty smoked lager.
7/10 and a veritable meal in a glass.

Try drinking this beast of a beer without making the sound "GRRRR!!!"

I thought the best thing to eat with this would be sausages.

So I did:
The sausages were mixed and very good. The potatoes were lovely too.

After this, I opened the Echigo 90 day stout I still had left over from my 3rd day Oktoberfest binge-from-a-cooler-bag.
I think this is a very, very nice stout. 7% alc and gets better as it warms. Reccommended.
7/10.

Well, now it's Thursday and I'll be YOkohamam bound (but not gagged) later on, so no Oktoberfest tonight (Fujisakura are bringing out their lovely smoked beer, in replacement for the sold out but very nice dunkleweissen).
However, I'll be there in spirit and may make it out for another foray tomorrow at the beer orgy extravaganza, so keep an eye out for me.

Who knows, maybe there will be a bit of ass slapping?
Stay classy, San diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment