Reviews & info on some beers, bars & pubs in Japan (mainly Tokyo/Yokohama area) - with an extra large serving of nonsensical jibbbbah jabbah thrown in:

Sunday 29 March 2009

I did it - It's been 1 day without a drink!

I didn't think I could do it. They say the first day is the toughest.
Once you get to that milestone, it's plain sailing, all the way to a full body detox.
Well, I am proud of myself, I must admit.
For a while there, I wasn't sure I was going to make it.
I almost, almost went to Ushi Tora, for the Iwate Kura festival.
I went for a run instead. How amazing is that?

Well, it's gone 11pm and I'm officially a sober Chuwy.
I have to tell you, it feels great. I'm thinking clearer, I feel the glorious cool air in my lungs. I'm more aware of my surroundings. My posture has improved. I'm not so grumpy and miserable. My insides don't feel 'all twisted and broken' any longer (well, not as much as usual, anyway).


To celebrate this achievement, I've poured myself a Yaho National Trust porter.Mmm...mmmmarvellous!

Congratulations go to me on demonstrating maturity, will power and the good character to do the right thing - for a day.


Well, now it's about time for me to go back on the juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment